A considerable number of users, for various reasons, do not trust free antivirus programs, and Microsoft Defender in Windows 7 in this regard is by no means an exception to the pattern. In addition, many people have a desire to replace Windows Defender with another antivirus due to the fact that this utility has stopped updating in the Windows 7 operating system, which is unsafe for a computer and laptop. In addition, in certain situations, Microsoft Defender may prevent the installation of various useful computer programs, in particular the installation of office crack. The material below describes how to disable Windows Defender in order to further successfully solve the tasks.
Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 7
First of all, it is important to note that disabling Microsoft Defender in Windows 7 is not too difficult to do, you just need to carefully follow all the instructions:
1. Open the “Windows Task Manager”, go to the “Services” tab and note that the WinDefend service (this is the Windows Defender utility) is running
2. We go to “Start”, in the search bar we write Defender and as a result select “Windows Defender” and click on it
3. In the Windows Defender utility window that opens, find “Tools” and go to this section
4. In this section of Windows Defender, we need “Options”
5. Now in the left pane of the window, select and click “Administrator”
6. After that, in the right panel on the “Use this program” option, uncheck it, then click “Save” in the lower right corner
7. In the warning window that appears, click “Yes” to confirm the changes in the settings
8. A window will pop up with a message that Windows Defender is disabled and a link is provided where you can re-enable the Microsoft Defender utility in Windows 7 if necessary
After that, you can open the “Windows Task Manager”, go to the “Services” tab and make sure that the WinDefend service is disabled
Thus, disabling Microsoft Defender in Windows 7 as well as enabling the utility is very easy!